Mold Damage

Mold Damage is a loss that resulted from water damage. Although most damages become apparent to the eye fairly quickly, mold is a hidden intruder that may hide in and behind cabinets, walls, roofs and anywhere else it finds the right conditions to thrive and multiply. a damp source which provides the optimal conditions for the spores to grow and reproduce.

Unfortunately, even though we might not see the mold culprit, it is extremely dangerous to have as a roommate. Mold is not something that can be eradicated with bleach  or other household cleaners.

Bleach and Household cleaners actually exacerbate the condition . Bleach is commonly believed to be an effective fungicide (mold-killer). It is not effective – in fact, it can actually feed the mold and make the problem worse and help it comes back stronger. Bleach should not be used in mold remediation. Bleach is ineffective and unsafe for cleaning up mold or killing mold. It appears to kill the mold, but just the surface mold is affected – the hidden mold underneath the surface is alive and well  Be careful, anytime you so much as touch the mold or wave your hand across it you are releasing tens of thousand of spores into the air and often into you lungs, eyes, ears, on your clothing, and any surrounding surfaces like carpet and drywall.

mp_img_2mp_img_3

In  order to totally eradicate the mold it must be totally removed. With today’s advanced technology we are fortunate that there are machines that can classify, evaluate and identify the specific type of mold that has claimed residence in your home.

There are different types of mold, some are poisonous and require the homeowner and family to leave the premises while a professional remediation company is contracted. The remediation company will block off areas in order to contain and isolate the mold spores; and then create  openings in order to access the mold and This equipment is used to accurately identify and quantify mold in the air you breath treat it with homHome testing for black mold like Stachybotrys is especially important. Exposure to significant quantities of these mold spores can cause a series of negative reactions. Under proper growing conditions, some species of molds can generate compounds called mycotoxins. In large quantities or with chronic exposure, mycotoxins can be toxic to humans and animals.

Black mold is a dark greenish-black substance that can create symptoms like allergies, asthma and bronchitis, flu-like symptoms, other respiratory problems, headaches, cognitive problems, and skin irritation. If you are experiencing unusual respiratory problems, it may be the result of black mold symptoms. Killing, cleaning and removal of black mold is crucial as airborne spores can spread throughout the house.

All this will be paid by your insurance carrier. If the treatment requires the residents to vacate the premises for a few days, your insurance carrier will pay “loss of use” which is a reimbursement for any money you might have to pay for renting a temporary residence while your home or business is being treated.

When it comes to mold you want to be in professional hands. At Century Public Adjusters we will help you make sure the job is getting done and your insurance company is fulfilling all obligations. You are our first priority and a safe and healthy environment is what you can expect.